What we’re covering this week –
The US Trade Representative’s office this week releases it annual report on the President’s trade agenda. US Export-
Here are some of the events we’ll be following this week:
● Monday, USTR is due to release the President’s Trade Agenda report.
● Tuesday, Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker discusses her agency’s budget at a hearing on the House Appropriations subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, science and related agencies.
● Undersecretary of State for Economic Growth, Energy and the Environment Catherine Novelli discusses the President’s trade agenda at the Foreign Press Center.
● Wednesday, the Washington International Trade Association sponsors a program on the World Trade Organization’s Trade Facilitation Agreement, with speakers including Assistant US Trade Representative Mark Linscott.
● The US-
● On Thursday, the Center for Strategic and International Studies sponsors a program on the Export-
● Burson Marsteller and EUROCHAMBRES host a discussion on the TransAtlantic Trade and Investment Partnership with speakers including National Economic Council Special Assistant to the President Christopher Smart and European Union Ambassador David O’Sullivan.
Click the highlighted text to hear snippets from WTD’s straight talk.
• Comments by two veteran trade officials on secrecy in the TransPacific Partnership negotiations – first Chile Ambassador to the United States Juan Galbriel Valdes and then Taiwan Minister of Economic Development John Chen-
• Here’s a brief interview with the Heritage Foundation’s Foundry report with House Financial Services Chair Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-
• Here’s a brief snippet from remarks April 8 by Senate Finance Committee ranking Republican Orrin Hatch saying he is befuddled over why the President says he supports Trade Promotion Authority but doesn’t do anything about.
• Here’s Aspen Institute scholar and former Reagan Administration Assistant Secretary of Commerce speaking about with WTD on the many iterations of a US-