What we’re covering this week –
President Obama delivers his State of the Union address this week. Meanwhile, new Senate Finance Committee Chairman Orrin Hatch (R-
Here are some of the things we’ll be following this week:
● Tuesday, President Obama delivers his State of the Union address to a joint session of Congress.
● Also Tuesday, Senate Finance Committee Chairman Hatch discusses the committee’s agenda at the US Chamber of Commerce.
● The Brookings Institution sponsors a program on transAtlantic relations with European Union Vice President Federica Mogherini.
● Wednesday, the National Conference of Mayors holds its annual meeting. US Trade Representative Michael Froman and Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack address the meeting.
● The German Marshall Fund sponsors a program with the Congressional Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership Caucus co-
● On Thursday, US Export Import Bank President Fred Hochberg addresses the Mayors.
Click the highlighted text to hear snippets from WTD’s straight talk.
• Here’s a brief interview with the Heritage Foundation’s Foundry report with House Financial Services Chair Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-
• Here’s a brief snippet from remarks April 8 by Senate Finance Committee ranking Republican Orrin Hatch saying he is befuddled over why the President says he supports Trade Promotion Authority but doesn’t do anything about.
• Here’s Aspen Institute scholar and former Reagan Administration Assistant Secretary of Commerce speaking about with WTD on the many iterations of a US-